Did you know, for example on the digital waste theme, that:
- the total cost of bad data is $ 3,100 billion a year in the US (Harvard survey);
- the cost of poor data quality on businesses amounts to anywhere between $9.7 million and $14.2 million annually (Gartner);
- 30% of the total costs of organizations consists of requesting data from other companies (Accenture survey);
- information workers spend 30% of their time on repetitive administrative tasks in which they trust the technology that can also do this (Unit4 survey);
- managers spend 40% of the time getting or delivering internal information (ServiceNow survey);
- 45% of the activities for which people get paid can be automated (McKinsey study).
Weconomics helps you to understand and be aware of your data and ecosystem maturity, (digital) waste and current situation in relation to the transformation into a durable, digital and decentral organization. Most organizations are not aware that more than one-third of their total cost is digital waste. Most organizations think that digitization is the same as digital transformation. To assess your situation, strategy, business- and operating model, various assessments are available. An assessment can be qualitative or quantitative, can be rough or detailed. Example of Weconomics assessment instruments are:
- Quickscan for projects (NL) (UK)
- FutureNext transformation impact assessment
- Data driven ecosystem maturity assessment
- Digital waste assessment
- Business- and operating model assessment
- FutureNext task force assessment
Transformation impact assessment questions (examples)
- How prepared are you for a durable, digital and decentral FutureNext?
- How different is the organization of data compared to land, labor and capital?
- Did you ever wonder why you need a HR- or CRM-system?
- What if the best strategy is to make your organization obsolete?
- Why tech didn’t save us from Covid-19?
Ecosystem assessment questions (examples):
- What is your ecosystem and what are the boundaries?
- Which instruments are used (training, vacancies, coaching, assessments, etc.)?
- Who plays which role: provider, buyer, intermediary, domain leader, network supplier, administrator?
- What are the most important developments and main problems?
- What are the main reasons for working together in a digital ecosystem?
- How many providers, buyers and intermediaries are there?
- How many different instruments, labels and products?
- How many transactions are expected to be made per year?
- Who are the ambassadors and resistors of change?
- Which processes remain in old organization, which are transferred to the digital ecosystem?
Digital waste assessment questions (examples)
- Which entities (login, label, channel, contact, product, booking, event, case, project, order, invoice, etc.) are defined in your database model?
- What percentage of the time do people sit on average behind a screen, in a meeting or on the phone?
- How much work consists of communication and control?
Business- and operating model assessment questions (examples)
- What is our Purpose ?
- What do our stakeholders Value ?
- Which Operating Model are we using ?
- When did this originate ?
- Why did this originate ?
FutureNext task force assessment (examples)
- What is the 6w-analyses (what is problem/opportunity/challenge, who has the problem, when did problem occur, why is it a problem, where does problem arises, what is the possible direct cause of problem)?
- What is the purpose of the task force?
- What will be the theme of the task force (digital strategy, digital transformation, data driven organizing)?
- How do we organize this task force (governance, economics, structure and desired culture)?
- Who should be member of the task force and who not, what are the criteria?
- What will be their role (investigator, advisor, coach, mentor)?
- What will be the domain, scope and focus (e.g.: data wisdom, organizational architecture, data-infrastructure, artificial intelligence, self-sovereign identity, digital assembly line, blockchain, smart contracts, ecosystems, education, startups, accelerators)?
- From which values, principles, patterns and perspective does the task force operate?
- What is the mission, ambition and strategy of the task force?
- What should the task force deliver: scenario analyses, idealized design, mission, vision, ambition and strategy, a data driven ecosystem, coordination for digital infrastructures, educational infrastructure etc.?