Training Blockchain Organizing (1-day program)
Many information workers spend a lot of time answering e-mails and tracking local ledgers (for example in Excel). Organizations are expected to spend up to thirty percent of their costs sending messages to other organizations and requesting data from other databases in order to create a shared reality. In addition, managers spend on average two days a week on interactions (internal transactions). A new employee ‘boarding’ sometimes means more than fifteen interactions with other departments.
We may conclude that there is a lot of friction with the current way of data organization: both between and within organizations. Besides this challenge more and more people want to own their own personal data and bring their own data if they ask for a product or service. Data economics and data logistics, with a focus on Distributed Ledger Technology and blockchain organizing, help to organize personal data services and reduce friction and costs drastically. Creating a digital assembly line and a shared reality makes the reconciliation in supply chains much faster, efficient and cheaper.
If properly organized, we expect a total cost reduction of ten to twenty percent in the next decade as a result of the blockchain-based digital assembly line. This does not work with existing insights, organizational models and automation projects, for which a more fundamental approach is needed within the context of digital transformation. Because the organization itself was taken as the starting point for the first wave of digital transformation projects, most projects failed. Blockchain organizing is applied within the next phase of digital transformation.
Blockchain organizing is a renewed invention of management. Within the context of digitialization, globalization and sustainability, Blockchain organizing is a disruptive technology (blockchain) applied in a fundamentally new organizational model (Weconomics), so that you can organize trust, work and economics without increasing complexity and bureaucracy. In a situation where organizational costs in- and transaction costs decrease, transactions and working organizations will be organized in a fundamentally different way the next decades
In this one-day training you will learn about blockchain organizing to answer questions like: ‘What is blockchain, why is it important and what can you do with it?’
What you’ll learn
The purpose of this event is to:
- give an introduction in Blockchain Organizing;
- get a more detailed perceptive of what Blockchain Organizing can mean for your organization, your function and for your personal life;
- separate important from side issues, back to basic, a way from current perspective
- interact with other people who are interested in this theme and share ideas and thoughts
- work with cases and real life situations;
- learn what is important to start a blockchain program, to design a new organization that is fit for the (digital) future.
Who should attend?
Strategists, innovation professionals, policy makers, academics, organization advisers, IT-architect, business and software developers, management and staff such as: Data Protection Officers, HR, legal, purchase, facility management and finance.
In particular, this event is important for professionals engaged in design and development of new organizations that align better with a new context and technology.
09:00-09:30 Introduction and context
- Transformation into a durable, digital and decentral future
- With technology: also solve problems and change the way of organizing
09:30-11:00 | What is Blockchain?
- Blockchain: the next phase of the internet?
- Blockchain basics
- Different blockchains
11:00-11:15 | Break
11:15-12:15 | Why Blockchain?
- The (scalable ) organization of trust
- Perspective on new organizing
- Which organization problems can we solve with it?
12:15-12:30 | Q&A about morning program
12:30-13:15 | Lunch
13:15-15.15 | Blockchain in practice (interactive)
- Blockchain case or
- Discuss submitted use cases / position papers / vision papers or
- Group work
15:15-15:30 | Break
15:30-16:30 | Blockchain in practice (knowledge)
- Practical applications and what does it mean for your business model?
- Digital agenda, strategy and leadership
- Project-based approach of blockchain organizing
- Blockchain lead and dealing with hypes and resistances
- How to start a transformation program tomorrow?
16:30-17:00 | Conclusion and Q&A
1 day or 2 day parts
The training is interactive. In addition to theory and practical examples, participants will also start working on group work, use cases and / or a blockchain case.
To be well prepared, to get the most out of this event and to be able to participate actively, participants can already read a number of articles, blogs and whitepapers.
Participants receive the book ‘Blockchain Organizing for Managers’.
The result of this one-day training is not only gaining knowledge about blockchain organizing or which applications are meaningful, but also getting in touch with other interested people, prepare, discuss or creating a (own) use case and sharing with each other how to start a blockchain program.
Possible next steps are:
- Training Blockchain Lead (TBL)
- Participate in Knowledge Center Blockchain Organizing
For more information, see also website trainer.
When you find this product in our webshop, you can also apply as an individual. After receiving your registration and with sufficient participants, we plan a date and location together.
The program is composed in consultation with and after an intake interview with client / participants.
For enough interaction: : minimum 10 – maximum 20
- Required: beamer and screen
- Plenary room (U-shape) and sub-room for case
The usual investment for the trainer is € 1,900, including preparation, book, travel time / costs and ex. VAT. We hope this is appropriate for the budget, otherwise we would like to hear it and we can see how we can make it fit.
Would you like to receive more information first? Contact us.